Are you a diehard runner, yet find that self-limiting thinking often gets in the way of performing your best?
If you answered, "yes" to any of these questions–and if you have noticed that these self-limiting behaviors last more than a few moments at a time–give yourself the advantage of mental skills coaching.
- Feel nervous, anxious or sick prior to a race or marathon?
- Run less skillfully in a competitive event than during practice?
- Dwell on past mistakes, reliving over and over what went wrong?
- Get carried away by negative emotions and lose the ability to focus?
- Feel discouraged when you can't seen to break through to the next level?
- Become distracted by noise, crowds, adverse weather, or pain?
- Panic when someone else seems to effortlessly overtake you?
- Worry about injuring or reinjuring yourself during a run?
- Feel a loss of enthusiasm or motivation for the sport?