Are you passionate about climbing, yet realize that you're your own worst enemy when it comes to the mental side of your sport?
If you answered, "yes" to any of these questions–and if you have noticed that these self-limiting behaviors last more than a few moments at a time–give yourself the advantage of mental skills coaching.
- Feel anxious or fearful about climbing?
- Feel less confident when another climber seems to effortlessly pass you?
- Feel exhausted when you realize the "top" you just reached is only a shelf?
- Look up at a route and think you can't do it when it's within your capability?
- Doubt your belayer, even when you know he or she is trustworthy?
- Angst over looking weak or unskillful in front of others?
- Compulsively relive past mistakes, mishaps or failures?
- Attach your self-image to your climbing performance?
- Have difficulty bouncing back from mistakes?
- Fear injuring or reinjuring yourself?
- Panic even when the fails are safe?