Do you love your sport, yet find that you're your own worst enemy when it comes to the mental side of the game?
If you answered, "yes" to any of these questions – and if you have noticed that these self-limiting behaviors last more than a few moments at a time – give yourself the advantage of mental skills coaching.
- Feel nervous, anxious or sick prior to an event?
- Play less skillfully in front of audiences than during practice?
- Dwell on past mistakes, reliving over and over what went wrong?
- Hold yourself to impossible standards of performance or improvement?
- Get carried away by negative emotions and lose the ability to focus?
- Become distracted by noise, crowds, adverse weather, or pain?
- Worry about injuring or reinjuring yourself during play?
- Feel discouraged when you hit a "no gains" plateau?
- Feel a loss of enthusiasm or motivation for the game?